WALTRIP LEAVES MOLDE
RECAPS
PREVIEWS
EXTRA TIME
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Attacking midfielder Brian Waltrip says that he will not be returning to play for Eliteserien club Molde this season.

With the 2010 season now just six weeks away, Waltrip has elected to not only eschew a third season with last year's league runners-up but also to depart professional soccer in Norway and explore opportunities elsewhere.

"I told Molde I would be leaving a couple months before the season ended and I decided I would be leaving Norway all together," Waltrip recently told YA. "After being injured last season nearly the entire year, I decided it was time for something new."

The Pensacola, Florida native has had playing stints all around Europe including stops in Portugal and Finland prior to Norway. A fractured ankle sidelined Waltrip for the entire 2009 season.

Now at the age of 32, Waltrip says that he plans to either return to the US to round out his career or make the leap to the Orient and sign with a Japanese club.

"I will be either returning to the US or going to Japan to play," added Waltrip. "My wife is from Japan and wants to move there, however it is undecided at the moment. I need to find out what my options are before I can make any real decisions."

In ten professional seasons, Waltrip has played for six different teams where he has amassed 17 goals in 102 appearances.
ADD YOUR COMMENTS
Name


Email (will not appear on the site)


Comment


Join the YA Email Alert?

Comments are moderated and will be posted if they are on-topic and free of profanity, abuse and spam. HTML and links are not allowed.

SUBMIT COMMENT

Conor O'Brien could finally make his Austrian debut for Wiener Neustadt on Saturday.
RECENT POSTS
Europa qualification rolls on
No O'Brien debut this weekend
Dooley facing Azkal squad strife
USMNT ratings vs. Belgium